Islamic School of Columbia-MO is looking for certified (or eligible for certification) elementary teachers for the 2023-2024 school year.
We are an accredited private school serving a very diverse population of students. We have students with backgrounds from more than fifteen countries.
If you are interested, please e-mail your letter of interest, resume, three letters of recommendation and your transcript to: email@example.com. You do not have to be a Muslim to apply for this position.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated both individually and collaboratively.
- Plans and implements a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of all students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of all students.
- Prepares for assigned classes and shows written evidence of preparation weekly.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of positive classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes and communicates clear objectives to students for all lessons and units.
- Collaborates with administrators, colleagues and parents in a positive and productive manner.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Evaluates the learning problems of students on a regular basis, seeking assistance of District specialists as needed and/or required.
- Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure while maintaining order in the classroom in a fair and appropriate manner.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as needed.
- Performs other duties as necessary to support the mission and vision of The Islamic School of Columbia-Missouri